Investigation into stolen rifles leads to Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A federal investigation into stolen rifles from an Army post has led law enforcement officers to Fresno. Earlier this month 26 AK-47's went missing from a warehouse at the Fort Irwin Army Post east of Bakersfield.
Federal investigators say they've questioned employees at the warehouse, and at least one person has been arrested in the case. But they believe some of the rifles may have ended up in Fresno.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information in the theft.
fresno, fresno county, bakersfield, crimetracker, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago