Investigation into stolen rifles leads to Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A federal investigation into stolen rifles from an Army post has led law enforcement officers to Fresno. Earlier this month 26 AK-47's went missing from a warehouse at the Fort Irwin Army Post east of Bakersfield.
Federal investigators say they've questioned employees at the warehouse, and at least one person has been arrested in the case. But they believe some of the rifles may have ended up in Fresno.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information in the theft.
fresno, fresno county, bakersfield, crimetracker, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 57 min ago
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits