Porterville murder suspect arrested after standoff
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a homicide in Porterville after they say the suspect shot the victim and then barricaded himself inside his home.
Investigators say the shooting happened around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon at a home on Mulberry and Woods.
The suspect, identified as 48-year-old Emigdio Guzman Ojeda of Porterville, then retreated to his home nearby on Henderson and Woods.
Detectives spent the afternoon hours looking for evidence outside the female victim's home. The victim has been identified as 48-year-old Flor Ojeda of Porterville. Deputies say the couple was divorced.
They found the victim with a gun shot wound and took her to the hospital where she died of her injuries. Porterville SWAT was called in to get the suspect out of his house. A K-9 unit helped officers arrest the man without incident.
The sheriff's office says the suspect could face murder charges.
homicide, swat, crimetracker, porterville, tulare county, local, tommy tran
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 43 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam