Porterville murder suspect arrested after standoff
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a homicide in Porterville after they say the suspect shot the victim and then barricaded himself inside his home.
Investigators say the shooting happened around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon at a home on Mulberry and Woods.
The suspect, identified as 48-year-old Emigdio Guzman Ojeda of Porterville, then retreated to his home nearby on Henderson and Woods.
Detectives spent the afternoon hours looking for evidence outside the female victim's home. The victim has been identified as 48-year-old Flor Ojeda of Porterville. Deputies say the couple was divorced.
They found the victim with a gun shot wound and took her to the hospital where she died of her injuries. Porterville SWAT was called in to get the suspect out of his house. A K-9 unit helped officers arrest the man without incident.
The sheriff's office says the suspect could face murder charges.
homicide, swat, crimetracker, porterville, tulare county, local, tommy tran
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 10 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 58 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case