Porterville murder suspect arrested after standoff
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a homicide in Porterville after they say the suspect shot the victim and then barricaded himself inside his home.
Investigators say the shooting happened around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon at a home on Mulberry and Woods.
The suspect, identified as 48-year-old Emigdio Guzman Ojeda of Porterville, then retreated to his home nearby on Henderson and Woods.
Detectives spent the afternoon hours looking for evidence outside the female victim's home. The victim has been identified as 48-year-old Flor Ojeda of Porterville. Deputies say the couple was divorced.
They found the victim with a gun shot wound and took her to the hospital where she died of her injuries. Porterville SWAT was called in to get the suspect out of his house. A K-9 unit helped officers arrest the man without incident.
The sheriff's office says the suspect could face murder charges.
homicide, swat, crimetracker, porterville, tulare county, local, tommy tran
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 8 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'