Former Biola employee arrested on embezzlement charges
BIOLA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former city employee in the community of Biola has been arrested and charged with stealing thousands of dollars in cash from the city.
40-year-old John Rivera was the target of a three month investigation by Fresno County authorities after a tip from other city employees.
Investigators say financial records show Rivera embezzled about $25,000 in cash. They say he used city funds to buy at least two vehicles -- a pair of Ford Mustangs.
They served a search warrant at his home were steroids were seized.
In all, Rivera is charged with embezzling about $61,000 in city funds. Authorities say this is still an open case. They say that dollar amount may go even higher, and more arrests are possible.
biola, fresno county, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon