Former Biola employee arrested on embezzlement charges
BIOLA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former city employee in the community of Biola has been arrested and charged with stealing thousands of dollars in cash from the city.
40-year-old John Rivera was the target of a three month investigation by Fresno County authorities after a tip from other city employees.
Investigators say financial records show Rivera embezzled about $25,000 in cash. They say he used city funds to buy at least two vehicles -- a pair of Ford Mustangs.
They served a search warrant at his home were steroids were seized.
In all, Rivera is charged with embezzling about $61,000 in city funds. Authorities say this is still an open case. They say that dollar amount may go even higher, and more arrests are possible.
biola, fresno county, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 35 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
2 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
38 min ago
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
17 min ago