Former Biola employee arrested on embezzlement charges
BIOLA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former city employee in the community of Biola has been arrested and charged with stealing thousands of dollars in cash from the city.
40-year-old John Rivera was the target of a three month investigation by Fresno County authorities after a tip from other city employees.
Investigators say financial records show Rivera embezzled about $25,000 in cash. They say he used city funds to buy at least two vehicles -- a pair of Ford Mustangs.
They served a search warrant at his home were steroids were seized.
In all, Rivera is charged with embezzling about $61,000 in city funds. Authorities say this is still an open case. They say that dollar amount may go even higher, and more arrests are possible.
biola, fresno county, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting