Former Biola employee arrested on embezzlement charges
BIOLA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former city employee in the community of Biola has been arrested and charged with stealing thousands of dollars in cash from the city.
40-year-old John Rivera was the target of a three month investigation by Fresno County authorities after a tip from other city employees.
Investigators say financial records show Rivera embezzled about $25,000 in cash. They say he used city funds to buy at least two vehicles -- a pair of Ford Mustangs.
They served a search warrant at his home were steroids were seized.
In all, Rivera is charged with embezzling about $61,000 in city funds. Authorities say this is still an open case. They say that dollar amount may go even higher, and more arrests are possible.
biola, fresno county, local
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 17 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 37 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact