CHP: 2 recover after suspected drag race crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people are recovering after authorities say they crashed during a suspected drag race on a Fresno highway. The CHP says it appears at least two drivers were racing on eastbound Highway 168 around 12 a.m. Saturday when the accident happened.
Investigators believe the cars bumped into each other, knocking one of them off the transition ramp to Highway 180. That car fell at least 100 feet off the bridge and landed on the center divider of Highway 180.
Both people in the vehicle were taken to Community Regional Medical Center. But officers say their injuries could have been worse. "Surprisingly only minor injuries for the extent of the damage looks like only cuts and scrapes both transported to the hospital... Both conscious and coherent"
Authorities are still investigating the crash. And no arrests have been made.
community regional medical center, fresno, fresno county, auto, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about