CHP: 2 recover after suspected drag race crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people are recovering after authorities say they crashed during a suspected drag race on a Fresno highway. The CHP says it appears at least two drivers were racing on eastbound Highway 168 around 12 a.m. Saturday when the accident happened.
Investigators believe the cars bumped into each other, knocking one of them off the transition ramp to Highway 180. That car fell at least 100 feet off the bridge and landed on the center divider of Highway 180.
Both people in the vehicle were taken to Community Regional Medical Center. But officers say their injuries could have been worse. "Surprisingly only minor injuries for the extent of the damage looks like only cuts and scrapes both transported to the hospital... Both conscious and coherent"
Authorities are still investigating the crash. And no arrests have been made.
community regional medical center, fresno, fresno county, auto, local
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self 5 min ago
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 53 min ago
- American missing in Iran was on unapproved CIA mission 20 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Mega Millions jackpot raises to $425 million
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not...
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students