CHP: 2 recover after suspected drag race crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people are recovering after authorities say they crashed during a suspected drag race on a Fresno highway. The CHP says it appears at least two drivers were racing on eastbound Highway 168 around 12 a.m. Saturday when the accident happened.
Investigators believe the cars bumped into each other, knocking one of them off the transition ramp to Highway 180. That car fell at least 100 feet off the bridge and landed on the center divider of Highway 180.
Both people in the vehicle were taken to Community Regional Medical Center. But officers say their injuries could have been worse. "Surprisingly only minor injuries for the extent of the damage looks like only cuts and scrapes both transported to the hospital... Both conscious and coherent"
Authorities are still investigating the crash. And no arrests have been made.
community regional medical center, fresno, fresno county, auto, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe