Missing hiker's body recovered in Yosemite
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews in Yosemite National Park have recovered the body of a missing hiker who plunged over Vernal Fall last month.
Hormiz David, 22, of Modesto and two others were swept over the fall on July 19. Officials have been searching for their bodies ever since.
Friday afternoon Park Rangers found David's body about 240 feet from the base of Vernal Fall. Pictures were sent to Action News by the park service showing crews working to recovery his body.
Park officials say recovering the body took about four hours and very specialized equipment. Rangers say they will continue to search for the other missing people. Ninos Yacoub, 27, of Turlock and Ramina Badal, 21, from Manteca.
Meanwhile, family and friends have started an online petition to expand search efforts. They're asking for permission to use their resources to expand the search.
The hikers' families say they need 10,000 signatures for Yosemite to consider their request.
missing person, yosemite national park, local
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos