Three children hit in deadly Delhi accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley are investigating an accident that killed one child and injured two others.
The California Highway Patrol says 69-year-old Manuel Mercado was driving 30-miles-per hour along Oak street near Sycamore in Delhi Monday night when he hit three kids walking in the area. Investigators say the children are 9, 12, and 13 years old.
Authorities say 9-year-old Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman, died at a local hospital. The 12 year old child is recovering from moderate injuries at another hospital. The third child has minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation and no arrests have been made.
Bank of America
Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman Memorial Fund
accident, delhi, merced county, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 25 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos