Three children hit in deadly Delhi accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley are investigating an accident that killed one child and injured two others.
The California Highway Patrol says 69-year-old Manuel Mercado was driving 30-miles-per hour along Oak street near Sycamore in Delhi Monday night when he hit three kids walking in the area. Investigators say the children are 9, 12, and 13 years old.
Authorities say 9-year-old Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman, died at a local hospital. The 12 year old child is recovering from moderate injuries at another hospital. The third child has minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation and no arrests have been made.
Bank of America
Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman Memorial Fund
accident, delhi, merced county, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 18 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender