Three children hit in deadly Delhi accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley are investigating an accident that killed one child and injured two others.
The California Highway Patrol says 69-year-old Manuel Mercado was driving 30-miles-per hour along Oak street near Sycamore in Delhi Monday night when he hit three kids walking in the area. Investigators say the children are 9, 12, and 13 years old.
Authorities say 9-year-old Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman, died at a local hospital. The 12 year old child is recovering from moderate injuries at another hospital. The third child has minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation and no arrests have been made.
Bank of America
Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman Memorial Fund
accident, delhi, merced county, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos