Three children hit in deadly Delhi accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in the North Valley are investigating an accident that killed one child and injured two others.
The California Highway Patrol says 69-year-old Manuel Mercado was driving 30-miles-per hour along Oak street near Sycamore in Delhi Monday night when he hit three kids walking in the area. Investigators say the children are 9, 12, and 13 years old.
Authorities say 9-year-old Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman, died at a local hospital. The 12 year old child is recovering from moderate injuries at another hospital. The third child has minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation and no arrests have been made.
Bank of America
Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman Memorial Fund
accident, delhi, merced county, local
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown 48 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
18 min ago