Girl, 9, killed in Delhi car accident, 2 others injured
DELHI, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley family is mourning the death of a 9-year-old girl after she was hit by a car in Merced County.
It happened around 9:00 Monday night near the intersection of Oak and Sycamore in Delhi.
The CHP says Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman was killed when 69-year-old Manuel Mercado came around the corner and hit her.
Investigators say Mercado was not speeding but had little to no time to react.
A memorial fund has been setup to help the family with expenses.
Bank of America
Stephanie Sanchez-Guzman Memorial Fund
accident, merced county, delhi, local, linda mumma
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos