Governor Jerry Brown heads to Fresno's Islamic Cultural Center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Governor Jerry Brown will be in Fresno next Wednesday, August 17th for a dinner at the Islamic Cultural Center.
The governor will be the guest of honor at a special Ramadan meal. The Muslim community is currently observing the month of Ramadan. A time of fasting and prayer. Congressman Jim Costa has also been invited to the meal.
The dinner is open to the public, but seating is limited. Dinner will be served at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are available for $50.00 per person at the Islamic Cultural Center. It's located at 2111 E. Nees Avenue in Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, jerry brown, jim costa, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl