Meeting held in Sanger over elderly homicide case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Community members are holding a meeting in Sanger to talk safety. This is in response to the recent attack of an elderly man inside his own apartment that eventually led to his death.
Police say Joe Fischer, 100, was assaulted in his elderberry senior apartments home. Police have made no arrests in the case.
Fischer was hospitalized after he was assaulted on August 8. Fischer died a few days later.
Tuesday's meeting started at 10 a.m. at the Bethel Apartments in Sanger. Adult protective services and the Sanger Police Department were there.
A candle light vigil and prayer service for Fischer will be held Wednesday night. The service will be at Elderberry Apartment Complex on the corner of Fifth and Bethel in Sanger.
sanger, fresno county, homicide, local
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos