Meeting held in Sanger over elderly homicide case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Community members are holding a meeting in Sanger to talk safety. This is in response to the recent attack of an elderly man inside his own apartment that eventually led to his death.
Police say Joe Fischer, 100, was assaulted in his elderberry senior apartments home. Police have made no arrests in the case.
Fischer was hospitalized after he was assaulted on August 8. Fischer died a few days later.
Tuesday's meeting started at 10 a.m. at the Bethel Apartments in Sanger. Adult protective services and the Sanger Police Department were there.
A candle light vigil and prayer service for Fischer will be held Wednesday night. The service will be at Elderberry Apartment Complex on the corner of Fifth and Bethel in Sanger.
sanger, fresno county, homicide, local
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 45 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 24 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 17 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes