Selma car theft suspect chased to Fresno; arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A wild high speed chase ends with a crash and one person under arrest after police say the suspect stole a vehicle from the Selma Fire Department.
Police say Selma Police spotted the vehicle early this morning. When they attempted to pull the car over, police say the suspects took off.
The CHP and the Fresno County Sheriffs got involved in the pursuit. The suspects ran through spike strips and drove on rims for about 7 miles before coming to a crashing halt under a sign that reads "End"
The driver was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, felony evading and auto theft. He was also transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. He has not been identified
Police say the vehicle the suspect stole was a personal vehicle belonging to a Selma firefighter.
high speed chase, crimetracker, selma, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 45 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 24 min ago