Cars get free smog test at Fresno Fairgrounds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of car owners took advantage of the chance to get their vehicles smog-checked for free Saturday.
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District hosted "Tune In, Tune Up," a free smog testing at the Fresno Fairgrounds. The first 525 people who showed up at the fairgrounds got to have their cars checked out at no cost.
It's an effort to get polluting vehicles repaired and help clean up the Central Valley's air.
"It's an opportunity for people to get their vehicle emissions checked. If they fail their emissions screen then we give them a $500 coupon that's good for vehicle emissions work at a qualified Gold Shield station," Tom Nox said.
Organizers say the event was a hit with car owners.
The had more than the maximum numbers of cars before Noon and had to turn away some drivers.
fresno county, fresno, auto, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves