Cars get free smog test at Fresno Fairgrounds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of car owners took advantage of the chance to get their vehicles smog-checked for free Saturday.
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District hosted "Tune In, Tune Up," a free smog testing at the Fresno Fairgrounds. The first 525 people who showed up at the fairgrounds got to have their cars checked out at no cost.
It's an effort to get polluting vehicles repaired and help clean up the Central Valley's air.
"It's an opportunity for people to get their vehicle emissions checked. If they fail their emissions screen then we give them a $500 coupon that's good for vehicle emissions work at a qualified Gold Shield station," Tom Nox said.
Organizers say the event was a hit with car owners.
The had more than the maximum numbers of cars before Noon and had to turn away some drivers.
fresno county, fresno, auto, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 4 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Accuweather Forecast
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos