Woodlake man hit by truck after warning others about traffic
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man was hit and killed by a pick-up truck in the South Valley just moments after he warned another man about the dangerous traffic. CHP officers say it happened at "216" near Saint John Street in Woodlake just after 8 p.m. Monday.
Investigators say a witness walking home from work saw the man holding a beer can. The witness says the man warned him to watch out for cars in the area moments before he was hit by the pick up truck.
Officers say the driver of the pick up truck was not speeding and will not face charges. They say the man killed was wearing dark clothes and appeared to be in his late 40's to early 50's.
california highway patrol, woodlake, auto, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 36 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire