Ivanhoe car thefts rise, prison release blamed
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- South Valley police officers say they've seen a rise in car thefts recently in Ivanhoe.
Detectives worry the culprits are auto theft criminals recently released from prison.
Over the weekend eight stolen cars were discovered in the small, rural town.
Officers with the Tulare County Regional Auto Theft Task Force are warning residents to keep their cars locked at all times, and to never leave your car unattended while running.
crimetracker, theft, tulare county, ivanhoe, local, jessica peres
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos