Ivanhoe car thefts rise, prison release blamed
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- South Valley police officers say they've seen a rise in car thefts recently in Ivanhoe.
Detectives worry the culprits are auto theft criminals recently released from prison.
Over the weekend eight stolen cars were discovered in the small, rural town.
Officers with the Tulare County Regional Auto Theft Task Force are warning residents to keep their cars locked at all times, and to never leave your car unattended while running.
crimetracker, theft, tulare county, ivanhoe, local, jessica peres
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe