Ivanhoe car thefts rise, prison release blamed
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- South Valley police officers say they've seen a rise in car thefts recently in Ivanhoe.
Detectives worry the culprits are auto theft criminals recently released from prison.
Over the weekend eight stolen cars were discovered in the small, rural town.
Officers with the Tulare County Regional Auto Theft Task Force are warning residents to keep their cars locked at all times, and to never leave your car unattended while running.
crimetracker, theft, tulare county, ivanhoe, local, jessica peres
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword 21 min ago
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State 23 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos