Protestors criticize Fresno church over state of Israel
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Conflicting views over the state of Israel brought protestors to Cornerstone Church in Downtown Fresno Sunday.
A small group of protestors brought out large signs and lined up across the street from the church.
The group is associated with the organization, "We Hold These Truths..." They say not all Christians believe the present state of Israel is the fulfillment of biblical prophecy but, pastor Jim Franklin stood by the church's support of Israel.
"They support wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and seem unconcerned about the deaths of innocent children in places like Gaza," Tom Compton said.
"Israel has been under attack for years. There's rockets being launched almost on a weekly basis into Israel. We believe Israel is one of our strongest allies and we stand with the people of Israel and the right to defend themselves and exist as a soverign nation," Jim Franklin said.
The group "We Hold These Truths" has held about 100 similar protests at churches nationwide.
They say they targeted Cornerstone Sunday because of its association with Televangelist John Hagee who has been criticized for his statements about Israel, the Roman Catholic Church and Islam. Hagee spoke at the church in May.
fresno, fresno county, israel, protest, iraq, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos