DUI crash in Madera Co. kills 1, injures 4
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A DUI crash in Madera County has left a 16-year-old dead and four people with injuries.
It happened Friday night around 8:30 on Golden State Blvd. north of Ave. 20.
The California Highway Patrol says 32-year-old Sancho Kibutu from Encino was speeding when he crossed the double yellow line and smashed into a car being driven by a 19-year-old Chowchilla man.
An unidentified 16-year-old passenger was killed and the driver and two others in the car were injured and taken to local hospitals.
Kibutu was also treated for injuries then arrested for felony DUI.
madera, madera county, dui, california highway patrol, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos