DUI crash in Madera Co. kills 1, injures 4
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A DUI crash in Madera County has left a 16-year-old dead and four people with injuries.
It happened Friday night around 8:30 on Golden State Blvd. north of Ave. 20.
The California Highway Patrol says 32-year-old Sancho Kibutu from Encino was speeding when he crossed the double yellow line and smashed into a car being driven by a 19-year-old Chowchilla man.
An unidentified 16-year-old passenger was killed and the driver and two others in the car were injured and taken to local hospitals.
Kibutu was also treated for injuries then arrested for felony DUI.
madera, madera county, dui, california highway patrol, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier 13 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance