Fresno high speed chase ends with arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno gang member is in custody Thursday morning after police say he led officers on a high speed chase before crashing into another car.
Police arrested 29-year-old Rafael Garcia. Police say he is a known gang member.
The chase ended at Princeton and Fowler in East Central Fresno after 11 p.m. Wednesday night.
Police say they attempted to pull over this silver S.U.V. when Garcia sped away. Officers say speeds reached 100 miles an hour during the chase. They say Garcia threw a loaded gun out of his window. The chase ended when Garcia crashed with a pick up truck.
Police say Garcia has a felony warrant and is currently on parole. The driver of the pick up and the passenger in the S.U.V. were injured in the crash but are expected to be okay.
high speed chase, gang, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos