Fresno high speed chase ends with arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno gang member is in custody Thursday morning after police say he led officers on a high speed chase before crashing into another car.
Police arrested 29-year-old Rafael Garcia. Police say he is a known gang member.
The chase ended at Princeton and Fowler in East Central Fresno after 11 p.m. Wednesday night.
Police say they attempted to pull over this silver S.U.V. when Garcia sped away. Officers say speeds reached 100 miles an hour during the chase. They say Garcia threw a loaded gun out of his window. The chase ended when Garcia crashed with a pick up truck.
Police say Garcia has a felony warrant and is currently on parole. The driver of the pick up and the passenger in the S.U.V. were injured in the crash but are expected to be okay.
high speed chase, gang, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos