Fresno high speed chase ends with arrest
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno gang member is in custody Thursday morning after police say he led officers on a high speed chase before crashing into another car.
Police arrested 29-year-old Rafael Garcia. Police say he is a known gang member.
The chase ended at Princeton and Fowler in East Central Fresno after 11 p.m. Wednesday night.
Police say they attempted to pull over this silver S.U.V. when Garcia sped away. Officers say speeds reached 100 miles an hour during the chase. They say Garcia threw a loaded gun out of his window. The chase ended when Garcia crashed with a pick up truck.
Police say Garcia has a felony warrant and is currently on parole. The driver of the pick up and the passenger in the S.U.V. were injured in the crash but are expected to be okay.
high speed chase, gang, fresno east central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 46 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Accuweather Forecast
9 min ago