Short Fresno Co motorcycle chase ends in crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital with head trauma Saturday morning after a short pursuit by the Highway Patrol in Fresno County.
The chase ended at Chateau Fresno, north of Barstow when the driver crashed his motorcycle. The C.H.P. said it started on Shaw Avenue near Chateau Fresno when an officer tried to pull the man over for not having a license plate. Investigators say the man sped away as soon as he saw the lights on the patrol car. The motorcycle kicked up a dust cloud on a dirt section of the road, and by the time the C.H.P. caught up to him, he had already crashed.
It's still unclear why the man sped away from the officer.
high speed chase, fresno, fresno county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos