Short Fresno Co motorcycle chase ends in crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital with head trauma Saturday morning after a short pursuit by the Highway Patrol in Fresno County.
The chase ended at Chateau Fresno, north of Barstow when the driver crashed his motorcycle. The C.H.P. said it started on Shaw Avenue near Chateau Fresno when an officer tried to pull the man over for not having a license plate. Investigators say the man sped away as soon as he saw the lights on the patrol car. The motorcycle kicked up a dust cloud on a dirt section of the road, and by the time the C.H.P. caught up to him, he had already crashed.
It's still unclear why the man sped away from the officer.
high speed chase, fresno, fresno county, local
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos