Short Fresno Co motorcycle chase ends in crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital with head trauma Saturday morning after a short pursuit by the Highway Patrol in Fresno County.
The chase ended at Chateau Fresno, north of Barstow when the driver crashed his motorcycle. The C.H.P. said it started on Shaw Avenue near Chateau Fresno when an officer tried to pull the man over for not having a license plate. Investigators say the man sped away as soon as he saw the lights on the patrol car. The motorcycle kicked up a dust cloud on a dirt section of the road, and by the time the C.H.P. caught up to him, he had already crashed.
It's still unclear why the man sped away from the officer.
high speed chase, fresno, fresno county, local
- Native American remains found during fishing trip 12 min ago
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez