60-year-old woman drowns in Shaver Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's investigate a drowning at Shaver Lake.
The drowning happened around 1:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon at Shaver Lake. The Fresno County Sheriff's Department says a 60-year-old woman was killed when she fell out of a canoe and drowned. Deputies in a helicopter assisted crews in a boat to pull the woman from the water. They performed C.P.R. but were unable to save her.
Pictures were sent to Action news by Mike Simpson who was at the lake Sunday afternoon.
The identity of the woman is not being released at this time.
drowning, shaver lake, fresno county, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos