Shaver Lake drowning victim ID'd as Beverly Hills woman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The person who died after falling out of a canoe has been identified as a Beverly Hills woman.
The accident happened Sunday afternoon at Shaver Lake. The Fresno County Sheriff's Department says 59-year-old Lamia Tansel died after she fell out of the canoe and drowned.
Deputies in a helicopter assisted crews in a boat to pull her from the water -- they performed CPR but were unable to save her.
These pictures were sent to us by Mike Simpson -- who was at the lake Sunday afternoon.
drowning, shaver lake, fresno county, local
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove 39 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno 27 min ago
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music 5 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Accuweather Forecast
24 min ago
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
10 min ago
- Pilot in makes hard landing in Madera Co...
43 min ago
- Man nearly kills two in Central Fresno...
42 min ago