Shaver Lake drowning victim ID'd as Beverly Hills woman
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The person who died after falling out of a canoe has been identified as a Beverly Hills woman.
The accident happened Sunday afternoon at Shaver Lake. The Fresno County Sheriff's Department says 59-year-old Lamia Tansel died after she fell out of the canoe and drowned.
Deputies in a helicopter assisted crews in a boat to pull her from the water -- they performed CPR but were unable to save her.
These pictures were sent to us by Mike Simpson -- who was at the lake Sunday afternoon.
drowning, shaver lake, fresno county, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 51 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates