Another fire at Fresno Police Officer's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators will be back at a Fresno Police Officer's house that caught fire for a second day in a row.
Firefighters surrounded the officer's house, Monday night to contain the latest fire.
Crews aren't saying what caused Monday night's fire. But we're told it's unlikely to be caused by Sunday's fire. That's when someone threw three Molotov cocktails through the officer's front window. Police are calling Sunday's incident an arson attack.
The president of the Fresno Police Officers Association says this isn't the first time they've had to deal with an attack. "You know, we expect to deal with that type of violence or assault and seeing things in the workplace, but you don't expect to go home and have this happen to you at your own home," said Jacky Parks with the Fresno Police Officers Association.
Someone set fire to a police truck and the personal cars of two police officers at the Southwest Policing District, last month. The police officer whose home was firebombed, works in the Southwest District.
Police are investigating if the two incidents are related.
arson, crimetracker, fresno northwest, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos