Another fire at Fresno Police Officer's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators will be back at a Fresno Police Officer's house that caught fire for a second day in a row.
Firefighters surrounded the officer's house, Monday night to contain the latest fire.
Crews aren't saying what caused Monday night's fire. But we're told it's unlikely to be caused by Sunday's fire. That's when someone threw three Molotov cocktails through the officer's front window. Police are calling Sunday's incident an arson attack.
The president of the Fresno Police Officers Association says this isn't the first time they've had to deal with an attack. "You know, we expect to deal with that type of violence or assault and seeing things in the workplace, but you don't expect to go home and have this happen to you at your own home," said Jacky Parks with the Fresno Police Officers Association.
Someone set fire to a police truck and the personal cars of two police officers at the Southwest Policing District, last month. The police officer whose home was firebombed, works in the Southwest District.
Police are investigating if the two incidents are related.
arson, crimetracker, fresno northwest, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 4 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry