Another fire at Fresno Police Officer's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators will be back at a Fresno Police Officer's house that caught fire for a second day in a row.
Firefighters surrounded the officer's house, Monday night to contain the latest fire.
Crews aren't saying what caused Monday night's fire. But we're told it's unlikely to be caused by Sunday's fire. That's when someone threw three Molotov cocktails through the officer's front window. Police are calling Sunday's incident an arson attack.
The president of the Fresno Police Officers Association says this isn't the first time they've had to deal with an attack. "You know, we expect to deal with that type of violence or assault and seeing things in the workplace, but you don't expect to go home and have this happen to you at your own home," said Jacky Parks with the Fresno Police Officers Association.
Someone set fire to a police truck and the personal cars of two police officers at the Southwest Policing District, last month. The police officer whose home was firebombed, works in the Southwest District.
Police are investigating if the two incidents are related.
arson, crimetracker, fresno northwest, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash 12 min ago
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building 16 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week