Another fire at Fresno Police Officer's home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators will be back at a Fresno Police Officer's house that caught fire for a second day in a row.
Firefighters surrounded the officer's house, Monday night to contain the latest fire.
Crews aren't saying what caused Monday night's fire. But we're told it's unlikely to be caused by Sunday's fire. That's when someone threw three Molotov cocktails through the officer's front window. Police are calling Sunday's incident an arson attack.
The president of the Fresno Police Officers Association says this isn't the first time they've had to deal with an attack. "You know, we expect to deal with that type of violence or assault and seeing things in the workplace, but you don't expect to go home and have this happen to you at your own home," said Jacky Parks with the Fresno Police Officers Association.
Someone set fire to a police truck and the personal cars of two police officers at the Southwest Policing District, last month. The police officer whose home was firebombed, works in the Southwest District.
Police are investigating if the two incidents are related.
arson, crimetracker, fresno northwest, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 36 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 56 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact