Two arrested in Merced Co suspected of metal theft
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies have wrapped up a weeklong crackdown on metal thieves with two more arrests.
Deputies say they caught Burgiss Brown and Timothy Beres with 300 feet of copper wire and bolt cutters in the back of their truck. Investigators believe the men stole the wire from five agriculture pumps in the area of Highway 140 and Tina Avenue near Merced.
Their arrests bring the total to ten for the weeklong operation targeting copper thieves.
copper wire theft, crimetracker, theft, merced, merced county, local
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto 2 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Residents concerned over proposed chemical warehouse
- 16th-century manual shows 'rocket cat' weaponry
- Buchanan High percussionist to play at Carnegie Hall
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day
- Fresno mayor seeks state controller position