Fallen Soldier returns home to Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A crowd gathered to line the streets in the South Valley to support the family of a soldier killed in Afghanistan.
The body of Army Specialist Douglas J. Jeffries arrived at the Porterville Airport at about 11:40 a.m. Wednesday morning. His casket will be taken in a procession through the city to Myers Funeral Home.
The procession traveled east on Olive Street, north on Main Street, west on Morton Avenue, and south on E Street to the Myers Funeral Home. A military honors ceremony was held in the funeral home parking lot.
Jeffries was killed September 8th during an explosion in Kandahar. He graduated from Porterville High School in 2009.
porterville, tulare county, united states army, afghanistan, local, jessica peres
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos