Chowchilla Starbucks worker fired after video goes viral
CHOWCHILLA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Starbucks employee has become an internet sensation for a song that got him fired.
"Just so you know, I love my job, I loved my boss and coffee too ..." are some of the lyrics of the latest video he posted this week.
Christopher Cristwell posted the song to the web on Tuesday, the same day he was canned from Starbucks. The company let him go after corporate managers watched the video of Cristwell dressed in his underwear and green apron making disparaging comments about customers.
Since he recorded the original song in July, the video has gone viral and Christopher has received thousands of supportive comments on his Facebook page. The 25-year-old from Chowchilla never imagined his music would get this much attention.
"I'm surprised that people are enjoying it so much, I really made the video just for my fellow co-workers and closest friends," Cristwell said.
But Starbucks found it anything but funny. In a statement, the company said that "while Christopher was expressing his own views in the video, the disparaging remarks about our customers and company are unacceptable and out of line with our commitment to providing a respectful Starbucks experience ..."
"If Starbucks can't laugh at themselves, then they're way too serious," said Earl Price of Clovis. Many people we showed the clip to thought it was creative and funny but not surprised of the end result.
"It's a good song, there's no way he can publish that song and think he's not going to get fired over it," said Carlos, a Starbucks customer.
Even though Cristwell doesn't regret posting the video, he does regret one thing. "All these people have seen me in skivvies and that's the weirdest part. It's like whoa, all these people have seen me in my underwear," Cristwell said.
Cristwell has not received any job offers yet but says he might pursue a music career if he catches a break, which may not be too far in the future.
chowchilla, madera county, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos