Tulare teacher arrested after child porn find
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare Police have arrested a teacher in connection with the discovery of child pornography.
The teacher is identified as 39-year-old Carlos Tafolla.
Tafolla taught history and freshmen studies at Mission Oak High School. Many students on campus Friday had no idea about his arrest and were shocked to hear of the charges against him.
Officials with the Tulare Joint Union High School District said they received a complaint about possible lewd material having to do with Tafolla. They said they investigated immediately and the police got involved.
School officials say Tafolla has been with the district for four years, his first year at Tulare Western High School and the last three years at Mission Oak High.
Alfonso Gamino, Assistant Superintendent said, "It's great that he's been a great teacher. To me that's secondary at this point. Our primary focus is the kids are safe."
Sgt. Darren Altermatt, Tulare Police Dept. said, "It's a concern for us anytime an adult has this type of material that display sexual behavior by juveniles."
Tafolla is on paid administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
School officials say they could take further action once or if Tafolla is officially charged.
tulare, tulare county, south valley, local, jessica peres
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 14 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder