Tulare teacher arrested after child porn find
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare Police have arrested a teacher in connection with the discovery of child pornography.
The teacher is identified as 39-year-old Carlos Tafolla.
Tafolla taught history and freshmen studies at Mission Oak High School. Many students on campus Friday had no idea about his arrest and were shocked to hear of the charges against him.
Officials with the Tulare Joint Union High School District said they received a complaint about possible lewd material having to do with Tafolla. They said they investigated immediately and the police got involved.
School officials say Tafolla has been with the district for four years, his first year at Tulare Western High School and the last three years at Mission Oak High.
Alfonso Gamino, Assistant Superintendent said, "It's great that he's been a great teacher. To me that's secondary at this point. Our primary focus is the kids are safe."
Sgt. Darren Altermatt, Tulare Police Dept. said, "It's a concern for us anytime an adult has this type of material that display sexual behavior by juveniles."
Tafolla is on paid administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
School officials say they could take further action once or if Tafolla is officially charged.
tulare, tulare county, south valley, local, jessica peres
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 21 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 50 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 44 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart