Valley native killed in N. California shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 26-year-old Valley native has been killed in what appears to be a random attack in Northern California.
David Yang was shot to death early Wednesday morning in Chico, north of Sacramento.
Yang attended Duncan and Sunnyside High Schools before moving to Northern California to attend college.
Police say the suspect, 27-year-old Jeffrey Menzies, had been drinking Tuesday night.
Yang's body was found about 3 a.m. slumped over in his car.
Menzies' car was found nearby with guns and ammunition inside and he was arrested Thursday.
People who knew Yang say he was one of the nicest people they knew.
Yang worked at a rehabilitation hospital and was also a pastor at a local church. He is survived by his wife Sarah.
crimetracker, shooting, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit