Valley native killed in N. California shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 26-year-old Valley native has been killed in what appears to be a random attack in Northern California.
David Yang was shot to death early Wednesday morning in Chico, north of Sacramento.
Yang attended Duncan and Sunnyside High Schools before moving to Northern California to attend college.
Police say the suspect, 27-year-old Jeffrey Menzies, had been drinking Tuesday night.
Yang's body was found about 3 a.m. slumped over in his car.
Menzies' car was found nearby with guns and ammunition inside and he was arrested Thursday.
People who knew Yang say he was one of the nicest people they knew.
Yang worked at a rehabilitation hospital and was also a pastor at a local church. He is survived by his wife Sarah.
crimetracker, shooting, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 47 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case