Merced Co SWAT called to Atwater standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A hostage situation in Atwater came to an end with the suspect in custody.
It happened on Nutmeg near Shaffer Road on Friday night.
Atwater Police responded to reports of a fight. When officers arrived, witnesses said 30-year-old Rigoberto Padilla had assaulted a 42-year-old man -- then drug the victim into his home.
Two women and two children ran out of the house, but Padilla refused to come out. Officers called the in Merced County SWAT. They entered the home and took Padilla into custody.
The victim was taken to the hospital with severe injuries to his head and upper body.
standoff, swat, atwater, merced county, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about