Merced Co SWAT called to Atwater standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A hostage situation in Atwater came to an end with the suspect in custody.
It happened on Nutmeg near Shaffer Road on Friday night.
Atwater Police responded to reports of a fight. When officers arrived, witnesses said 30-year-old Rigoberto Padilla had assaulted a 42-year-old man -- then drug the victim into his home.
Two women and two children ran out of the house, but Padilla refused to come out. Officers called the in Merced County SWAT. They entered the home and took Padilla into custody.
The victim was taken to the hospital with severe injuries to his head and upper body.
standoff, swat, atwater, merced county, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos