Three-alarm blaze damages N. Fresno home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a fire to break out at a Northwest Fresno home early Monday morning.
The blaze started around 2 a.m. Monday morning at a home on Alluvial Ave. at North Monte, near the bluffs.
Fire officials said the fire went to a third alarm, meaning 13 companies responded and about 45 firefighters worked to knock down the flames.
It took firefighters just 3 minutes to respond to the call and about an hour to get the fire under control.
Initial reports were that the flames started in a shed attached to the garage, but when crews arrived flames were blowing out of both garage doors and the blaze had spread into the attic of the more than 3-thousand square foot home.
Firefighters say the home's vaulted ceilings it was a very difficult fire to fight.
"A fire of this complexity took 44 personnel," Fresno Fire Chief Joel Aranez said. "We only have 60 on duty in the city so it took a lot of city resources to combat this."
Firefighters say two people were home at the time the fire broke out and were in the process of getting their cars out of the garage. They were able to get one car out and both the husband and wife were not harmed, but they are now displaced by the fire.
Investigators say damage is estimated at over $200 thousand.
fresno, fresno northwest, fire, fresno fire department, local, linda mumma
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Court: Arizona citizenship proof law illegal