Three-alarm blaze damages N. Fresno home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a fire to break out at a Northwest Fresno home early Monday morning.
The blaze started around 2 a.m. Monday morning at a home on Alluvial Ave. at North Monte, near the bluffs.
Fire officials said the fire went to a third alarm, meaning 13 companies responded and about 45 firefighters worked to knock down the flames.
It took firefighters just 3 minutes to respond to the call and about an hour to get the fire under control.
Initial reports were that the flames started in a shed attached to the garage, but when crews arrived flames were blowing out of both garage doors and the blaze had spread into the attic of the more than 3-thousand square foot home.
Firefighters say the home's vaulted ceilings it was a very difficult fire to fight.
"A fire of this complexity took 44 personnel," Fresno Fire Chief Joel Aranez said. "We only have 60 on duty in the city so it took a lot of city resources to combat this."
Firefighters say two people were home at the time the fire broke out and were in the process of getting their cars out of the garage. They were able to get one car out and both the husband and wife were not harmed, but they are now displaced by the fire.
Investigators say damage is estimated at over $200 thousand.
fresno, fresno northwest, fire, fresno fire department, local, linda mumma
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home 32 min ago
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno