Three-alarm blaze damages N. Fresno home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a fire to break out at a Northwest Fresno home early Monday morning.
The blaze started around 2 a.m. Monday morning at a home on Alluvial Ave. at North Monte, near the bluffs.
Fire officials said the fire went to a third alarm, meaning 13 companies responded and about 45 firefighters worked to knock down the flames.
It took firefighters just 3 minutes to respond to the call and about an hour to get the fire under control.
Initial reports were that the flames started in a shed attached to the garage, but when crews arrived flames were blowing out of both garage doors and the blaze had spread into the attic of the more than 3-thousand square foot home.
Firefighters say the home's vaulted ceilings it was a very difficult fire to fight.
"A fire of this complexity took 44 personnel," Fresno Fire Chief Joel Aranez said. "We only have 60 on duty in the city so it took a lot of city resources to combat this."
Firefighters say two people were home at the time the fire broke out and were in the process of getting their cars out of the garage. They were able to get one car out and both the husband and wife were not harmed, but they are now displaced by the fire.
Investigators say damage is estimated at over $200 thousand.
fresno, fresno northwest, fire, fresno fire department, local, linda mumma
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 33 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 57 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos