Fallen officers honored in Kingsburg
KINGSBURG, Calif. (KFSN) -- An event in Fresno County paid tribute to fallen officers on Saturday. Their loved ones released dozens of blue balloons during a picnic at the Kingsburg Gun Club.
The annual event is organized by the Central California Chapter of Concerns Of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.). Participants said the picnic is meant to be a time of fellowship and fun -- even as the grieving process continues.
"Time does heal, things do change. But then it seems like just yesterday when we received a knock on the door. And yes, this event is for us to just get together to enjoy one another and be able to share with one another," said Lean Isaac with C.O.P.S.
Leon Isaac lost his son, Deputy Jeff Isaac, 14 years ago. He wore a button with his son's picture, while other families also wore patches and T-shirts with the names of their loved ones.
kingsburg, fresno county, local
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 19 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Police are investigating a deadly shooting...
29 min ago