CHP launches cell phone crackdown
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Stepped-up enforcement efforts are targeting drivers who use cell phones while they're behind the wheel.
Police they're focusing their efforts on teen drivers to make sure they make it safely to class.
The "zero tolerance" cell phone use campaign for teen drivers lasts through Tuesday. The CHP says officers will be enforcing the area from the top of the Grapevine to Modesto.
They say they'll focus enforcement around high schools.
california highway patrol, local
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos