Man accidentally shot in Fresno Co dies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thee Moua, 36, has died after being accidentally shot by his uncle Na Moua during a hunting trip.
Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies say they received a call, Tuesday afternoon, from a man who says he was hunting in the rural Barnes Mountain area of Fresno County when the accidental shooting happened. Na Moua let deputies to a remote area, several miles southeast of Shaver Lake, where they located Thee Moua.
The two men had gone out early Tuesday morning to hunt. Sometime in the afternoon, they had separated and were both hunting in their own area.
Sheriff detectives believe Thee Moua unknowingly moved into Na Moua's area when he was shot.
It took Na Moua nearly an hour to hike to a home where he could call for help.
No arrests are anticipated. Sheriff's detective say the shooting does appear to have been an accident.
shooting, shaver lake, fresno county, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...