One dead in fiery Fresno County crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is dead following a Wednesday afternoon crash near Tranquillity.
The CHP said the crash happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday near Tranquillity, on the James Road overpass of Highway 180.
Investigators say the driver of a pickup truck was following a tractor towing irrigation equipment.
The pickup went out of control, hit the back of the tractor and the side of a bridge before catching on fire.
Other drivers tried to save the man in the truck but said the flames were too intense.
The man's name has not been released.
tranquility, fresno county, accident, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy