Coalinga standoff suspect is in custody
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man who caused a tense standoff with Valley law enforcement last week is now in custody.
Coalinga Police announced that Lloyd Fryrear was taken into custody on Friday, for possession of illegal weapons.
The standoff began Thursday when officers tried to serve a search warrant at the home on Valley near Warthan streets.
The sheriff's department says his mother noticed detectives outside the home and ran into the house.
The SWAT team was brought in after she refused to come outside. She came out after tear gas was shot into the house, but Fryrear didn't.
When the SWAT team finally went inside Fryrear wasn't there.
When officers went back to the house on Friday, they heard someone in the backyard and Fryrear was arrested after a search.
fresno county, coalinga, crimetracker, standoff, fresno county sheriff department, local
- Ryan Rodriquez has been found safe in Fresno County 1 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos