Coalinga standoff suspect is in custody
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man who caused a tense standoff with Valley law enforcement last week is now in custody.
Coalinga Police announced that Lloyd Fryrear was taken into custody on Friday, for possession of illegal weapons.
The standoff began Thursday when officers tried to serve a search warrant at the home on Valley near Warthan streets.
The sheriff's department says his mother noticed detectives outside the home and ran into the house.
The SWAT team was brought in after she refused to come outside. She came out after tear gas was shot into the house, but Fryrear didn't.
When the SWAT team finally went inside Fryrear wasn't there.
When officers went back to the house on Friday, they heard someone in the backyard and Fryrear was arrested after a search.
fresno county, coalinga, crimetracker, standoff, fresno county sheriff department, local
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos