Farmersville family barely escapes fire
FARMERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley family has little left after a house fire. The fire ripped through a home in Farmersville early Sunday morning.
Noe Lemus, his brother and parents were inside. Three were able to escape through a window. Noe's brother Jose had to run back in to rescue his father, who is still recovering at a local hospital.
Noe Lemus said, "I woke up fast my brother and I woke up at the same time we jumped out of bed we saw the whole ceiling was on fire it was about to collapse so my mom said get out and she kept screaming at my dad because my dad wasn't responding."
Noe is a straight-A student and ASB president at Farmersville High School. The high school collected one dollar from each student and staff member to give the family more than $860.00 but the family still needs clothing, furniture and other belongings.
fire, farmersville, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 39 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart 4 min ago
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father 32 min ago
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Who will be Mayor?
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
8 min ago
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway...
41 min ago