Hanford residents hear sonic boom
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you were in the Hanford area and you heard or felt a loud boom, you weren't alone.
A single aircraft on a training mission inadvertently broke the sound barrier in Naval Air Station Lemoore's military operating airspace near Hanford at approximately 1:45 Wednesday afternoon.
hanford, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, kings county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps 19 min ago
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released