Woman reportedly kidnapped after Parlier party
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are searching for a woman who was kidnapped at gunpoint near Parlier on Saturday.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jessica Llamas was kidnapped at gunpoint on Saturday night.
Llamas was leaving a party with a group of people near Parlier Avenue and Zediker Avenue just outside Parlier.
One of Llamas' friends describes Jessica as a quiet young woman who did very well at school.
Maria Pacheco is a former classmate from Parlier High School.
"It's shocking. I never thought she would get kidnapped or something would happen like that to her," Pacheco said.
Pacheco said she hopes authorities find her friend soon.
"She was kidnapped, at gunpoint, a shot was fired and she is still missing," Deputy Chris Curtis of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
Jessica was at a Quinceañera on Saturday night at a house off Parlier Avenue.
The 21-year-old left in a group of six people.
That's when the Fresno County Sheriff's Office say two gunmen tried to rob the group.
The suspects forced them onto the ground, and investigators say they beat up one person. At least one gunshot was fired but no one was hit.
Detectives say they then forced Jessica into a white 1998 Toyota Camry.
That Toyota has the California license plate number 6SKW418.
Deputies say they're still looking for the two suspects.
People who live near the area of the kidnapping say they don't feel safe.
"The police come down here all the time on this street," resident Rita Rodriguez said. "There is a lot of stuff that happens right here in the neighborhood. They call it Devil's Colony."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office at (559) 488-3111.
parlier, fresno county, crimetracker, kidnapping, local, mariana jacob
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence