Former NFL star Lorenzo Neal pleads not guilty to DUI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former Fresno State and NFL star Lorenzo Neal entered a not guilty plea to drunk driving charges stemming from a fourth of July arrest.
Neal didn't show up in court in person, but an attorney entered the plea on his behalf.
Back in July, California Highway Patrol officers said Neal was drunk and crashed trying to make the turn from Copper onto Minnewawa.
Neal admitted to Action News that he had just left the Copper River Golf Course where he had a few drinks.
His attorney says he could fight the charges, but he might settle it, just to get it over with.
"I know he's eager to get back to his charity work, and in the community he's very active and obviously football," said John Abel. "So, I'm trying to not interfere with that and get him back to his normal life as quickly as possible."
Neal's case will be back in court next month.
dui, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 29 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
34 min ago