Former NFL star Lorenzo Neal pleads not guilty to DUI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Former Fresno State and NFL star Lorenzo Neal entered a not guilty plea to drunk driving charges stemming from a fourth of July arrest.
Neal didn't show up in court in person, but an attorney entered the plea on his behalf.
Back in July, California Highway Patrol officers said Neal was drunk and crashed trying to make the turn from Copper onto Minnewawa.
Neal admitted to Action News that he had just left the Copper River Golf Course where he had a few drinks.
His attorney says he could fight the charges, but he might settle it, just to get it over with.
"I know he's eager to get back to his charity work, and in the community he's very active and obviously football," said John Abel. "So, I'm trying to not interfere with that and get him back to his normal life as quickly as possible."
Neal's case will be back in court next month.
dui, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos