Winton family struggles with the loss of their daughter
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A North Valley family is struggling to cope with the loss of their daughter. Monica Cazares, 13, was hit by a car Monday evening just a few steps away from her Winton home.
Miguel Cazares, 12, is in disbelief about the death of his older sister. Cazares said, "She was very caring, a good sister." He adds, "She is very special to me."
California Highway Patrol says Monica was running on Winton Way at about 7:30 p.m. on Monday evening when she was hit by driver. CHP says the driver, Samantha Miller, 25, hit the teen. CHP says Miller was not speeding and no alcohol was involved. Miller was not hurt but Monica died at the scene. Her friends describe Monica as a kind teenager. Her teachers tell Action News she excelled at Winton Middle School.
merced county, accident, winton, local, mariana jacob
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos