Body found ID'd as a missing elderly Visalia man
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Visalia Police have identified the body discovered last week in a dry creek bed.
Crews found the remains of 85-year-old George Ocaranza when they were spraying weeds in the area of Road 88 and Highway 198.
Ocaranza walked away from the Kaweah Delta Hospital back in December 2010. Surveillance cameras recorded him just before he left the hospital. He had checked in to the emergency room after falling at his nursing home.
Ocaranza suffered from dementia. Police say there are no signs of foul play.
missing person, visalia, tulare county, kaweah delta medical center, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos