Alert NE Fresno homeowner helps catch copper wire thieves
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An alert homeowner helped Fresno Police catch two men suspected of stealing copper wire from street lights.
Al Maroney, Fresno Police Department said, "He looked out his window and saw a small car passing with a very loud muffler and he just kept his eyes on the car and he watched them as they went over to a city junction box and removed the cover, peered inside and then walked away."
Officers pulled over Walters and Suther a few blocks away. They found a large amount of copper wire rolled up in a toolbox in the back of their truck along with wire cutters and a tool used to pry open street light covers.
crimetracker, theft, copper wire theft, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 25 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos