Alert NE Fresno homeowner helps catch copper wire thieves
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An alert homeowner helped Fresno Police catch two men suspected of stealing copper wire from street lights.
Al Maroney, Fresno Police Department said, "He looked out his window and saw a small car passing with a very loud muffler and he just kept his eyes on the car and he watched them as they went over to a city junction box and removed the cover, peered inside and then walked away."
Officers pulled over Walters and Suther a few blocks away. They found a large amount of copper wire rolled up in a toolbox in the back of their truck along with wire cutters and a tool used to pry open street light covers.
crimetracker, theft, copper wire theft, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, local
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Suspicious bags found by Boston Marathon scene
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers 38 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport
- Photos: Tax Day deals and freebies