Alert NE Fresno homeowner helps catch copper wire thieves
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An alert homeowner helped Fresno Police catch two men suspected of stealing copper wire from street lights.
Al Maroney, Fresno Police Department said, "He looked out his window and saw a small car passing with a very loud muffler and he just kept his eyes on the car and he watched them as they went over to a city junction box and removed the cover, peered inside and then walked away."
Officers pulled over Walters and Suther a few blocks away. They found a large amount of copper wire rolled up in a toolbox in the back of their truck along with wire cutters and a tool used to pry open street light covers.
crimetracker, theft, copper wire theft, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos