Alert NE Fresno homeowner helps catch copper wire thieves
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An alert homeowner helped Fresno Police catch two men suspected of stealing copper wire from street lights.
Al Maroney, Fresno Police Department said, "He looked out his window and saw a small car passing with a very loud muffler and he just kept his eyes on the car and he watched them as they went over to a city junction box and removed the cover, peered inside and then walked away."
Officers pulled over Walters and Suther a few blocks away. They found a large amount of copper wire rolled up in a toolbox in the back of their truck along with wire cutters and a tool used to pry open street light covers.
crimetracker, theft, copper wire theft, fresno police department, fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals