Police make an arrest in a 2009 Visalia murder case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in the South Valley have made an arrest in a two-year-old homicide case.
Officers arrested Edwin Alvarado Canedo in Orosi Tuesday for the death of 17-year-old Emilio Molina.
In June of 2009, Molina was found lying on a Visalia street just a few blocks from his home.
He had been beaten and died a week later.
Visalia police say they were able to followed up on new evidence that connected Canedo to the crime.
murder, homicide, crimetracker, south valley, tulare county, orosi, visalia, local, carlos saucedo
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76