Police make an arrest in a 2009 Visalia murder case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police in the South Valley have made an arrest in a two-year-old homicide case.
Officers arrested Edwin Alvarado Canedo in Orosi Tuesday for the death of 17-year-old Emilio Molina.
In June of 2009, Molina was found lying on a Visalia street just a few blocks from his home.
He had been beaten and died a week later.
Visalia police say they were able to followed up on new evidence that connected Canedo to the crime.
murder, homicide, crimetracker, south valley, tulare county, orosi, visalia, local, carlos saucedo
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years