Human remains found near Porterville
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Tulare County Sheriff's Department is investigating the discovery of unidentified human remains near Porterville.
Detectives were at a home following up on a 2008 missing person case. Now, investigators are trying to identify the remains. It's unknown if the remains are that of the missing person.
Investigators are expected to release more information Friday.
missing person, porterville, tulare county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 3 min ago
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 22 min ago
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week