Suspected drunk driver faces Murder charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A driver is dead and another is in custody facing several charges, including murder, after a collision in Northeast Fresno.
It happened just after 3 a.m. Friday morning on Eastbound Highway 168 near Shaw Avenue.
The CHP says a man in his 40s was on eastbound 168 near Shaw when the driver of an Infinity, Perla Vazquez, rear-ended him and sent him off the freeway, where he plunged at least 40 feet down an embankment.
The CHP also said a short time later, an off-duty Madera police motorcycle officer saw the suspect vehicle with heavy damage and pulled the driver over and called for help.
The CHP says the driver of the Jeep that went off the road has died.
Vazquez was arrested for D.U.I, hit and run, and murder charges.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
fresno, fresno county, accident, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 9 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 38 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 32 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart