Suspected drunk driver faces Murder charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A driver is dead and another is in custody facing several charges, including murder, after a collision in Northeast Fresno.
It happened just after 3 a.m. Friday morning on Eastbound Highway 168 near Shaw Avenue.
The CHP says a man in his 40s was on eastbound 168 near Shaw when the driver of an Infinity, Perla Vazquez, rear-ended him and sent him off the freeway, where he plunged at least 40 feet down an embankment.
The CHP also said a short time later, an off-duty Madera police motorcycle officer saw the suspect vehicle with heavy damage and pulled the driver over and called for help.
The CHP says the driver of the Jeep that went off the road has died.
Vazquez was arrested for D.U.I, hit and run, and murder charges.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
fresno, fresno county, accident, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies