Suspected drunk driver faces Murder charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A driver is dead and another is in custody facing several charges, including murder, after a collision in Northeast Fresno.
It happened just after 3 a.m. Friday morning on Eastbound Highway 168 near Shaw Avenue.
The CHP says a man in his 40s was on eastbound 168 near Shaw when the driver of an Infinity, Perla Vazquez, rear-ended him and sent him off the freeway, where he plunged at least 40 feet down an embankment.
The CHP also said a short time later, an off-duty Madera police motorcycle officer saw the suspect vehicle with heavy damage and pulled the driver over and called for help.
The CHP says the driver of the Jeep that went off the road has died.
Vazquez was arrested for D.U.I, hit and run, and murder charges.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
fresno, fresno county, accident, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 30 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo