Three people injured in crash near Friant and North Fork
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are injured after a head on crash in Fresno County. The accident happened Friday night near Friant and North Fork.
Investigators say a pick-up was driving on the bridge over the San Joaquin River when the driver crossed the center line and slammed into a Toyota Corolla.
Two people in the Corolla suffered major injuries. The driver of the truck was also taken to the hospital. One man was fishing on the bridge when the crash happened.
Art Caballero, witness said, "It was so close and so loud I thought I was going to get hit by one of the vehicles. I threw everything down and ran over and tried to help anybody I could."
The road was shut down for a few hours after the crash. Authorities are still investigating the cause.
fresno, fresno county, friant, north fork, accident, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 2 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices...
50 min ago