Kerman Police find man, 18, dead in the street
KERMAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than 200 people came out to pay tribute to Lynn Snowden, who was known to friends as D-Bo. The vigil drew lots of tears and it also drew visits from paramedics and the police.
Grief hung heavy over the crowd gathered at Kerman High School to mourn the death of 18-year-old Lynn Snowden.
The emotional weight dropped one of his friends to the ground with a fainting spell. Snowden's closest friends say he touched the hearts of many.
Jessica Romero, victim's friend said, "He was just a fun guy to be around. I thought he was invincible. He was like a big brother. I just can't believe he's gone."
Romero actually watched her friend die in the middle of a Kerman street early Saturday morning. She says a huge fight spilled outside of a party. When the crowd scattered, she saw her friend on the ground.
"We were trying to help him. He had a pulse," said Romero. "He was bleeding and we turned him over and he was just bleeding too much. They couldn't stop it."
Anthony Martinez, victim's friend said, "I just remember his eyes looking straight up to the sky, you know. As of that moment, I knew that my friend was gone."
Friends and family members honored Snowden's memory with prayer and dozens of little flames Saturday night. Their vigil was briefly interrupted when a shouting match broke out, but Kerman Police calmed things down.
Earlier, officers collected evidence at the scene where Snowden was stabbed and beaten, then handed over the case to Fresno County homicide detectives.
Detectives have not made any arrests yet, but they interviewed dozens of people who attended Friday night's party -- including several who attended Saturday night's vigil.
kerman, fresno county, crimetracker, homicide, stabbing, local, corin hoggard
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno 45 min ago
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested 10 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 22 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 4 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge 37 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos