Fresno cancels annual Christmas parade
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A holiday tradition is changing in downtown Fresno: budget cuts are forcing the city to cancel its annual Christmas parade.
City officials tell Action News the traditional parade costs a minimum of $15 thousand.
The city has only $5 thousand for the event this year, before community sponsorships are added in.
Instead of a parade, officials say the city will host a tree lighting ceremony and holiday festival in downtown Fresno.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, christmas, local
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies 48 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos