Chop shop, drugs and guns discovered in SE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police have shutdown another chop shop in Southeast Fresno.
Investigators raided a tire shop on Kings Canyon, near Chestnut on Thursday afternoon. They arrested the shops manager, 27-year-old Valentin Gonzalez.
Investigators say Gonzalez was not only stripping down cars in the shop, but was also selling drugs and guns during business hours. They also say he wasn't working alone.
"We believe that this is related to others, even, we believe there might be something down in Los Angeles because there is like shops belonging to the same owners in Los Angeles, California," said Tim Tietjen with the Fresno Police Department.
Investigators say they had been tracking Gonzalez since last month when he was arrested for car theft. They are also looking for two other suspects.
The tire shop has been shut down, but the owners claim they had no idea what was going on.
crimetracker, auto theft, drug bust, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather