N. Valley drivers receive free smog tests
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some North Valley drivers in need of a smog check got one for free Saturday.
More than a hundred people made their way through the line for the free emissions test.
If their car didn't pass, drivers were given a voucher for up to $500 dollars to get their cars repaired.
Organizers say they were met with some very enthusiastic people.
"We don't encourage anyone to camp overnight but they took it upon themselves. One lady got here at 2pm yesterday, Friday, to camp out and wait for the services. So the lady was obviously in line, car number one," Jose Marin of Valley Clean Air Now said.
There are ways you can help keep the air clean.
Valley Clean Air Now advises drivers to get their cars checked out every 75-hundred miles, keep air filters clean and keep tires properly inflated.
air quality, north valley, local
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting 56 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified 35 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 15 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 43 min ago
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos