N. Valley drivers receive free smog tests
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some North Valley drivers in need of a smog check got one for free Saturday.
More than a hundred people made their way through the line for the free emissions test.
If their car didn't pass, drivers were given a voucher for up to $500 dollars to get their cars repaired.
Organizers say they were met with some very enthusiastic people.
"We don't encourage anyone to camp overnight but they took it upon themselves. One lady got here at 2pm yesterday, Friday, to camp out and wait for the services. So the lady was obviously in line, car number one," Jose Marin of Valley Clean Air Now said.
There are ways you can help keep the air clean.
Valley Clean Air Now advises drivers to get their cars checked out every 75-hundred miles, keep air filters clean and keep tires properly inflated.
air quality, north valley, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe